Brief of Computer Center
Activities of Computer Center
1. Student Registration: Information is gathered through O.M.R. scanning of S.I.F. (Student Information Form) which is filled up by student and registration card is given. Computerized system has eradicated the registration complicacies and fake registration problem. Timely registration card distribution is possible in this system.
2. Computerized admit cards are given to registration card holder authentic students to sit for the examination.
3. List is made to packet center-wise questions of S.S.C. and H.S.C. Examination, printed by B.G. Press, based on the number of students.
4. Litho-code containing O.M.R. compatible form is enclosed with the answer script. It contains three portions. First portion includes examineeâ€™s roll no., registration no., subject code, second portion contains evaluated marks by the examiner for that script and the third one has the evaluated marks and it is attached to the answer script. Three portions of the top sheet contain same litho-code.
5. After the exam. first portion of the answer script and M.C.Q. (Multiple Choice Questions) answer script (Only for S.S.C. Exam.) which is also O.M.R. compatible sheet are sent to computer center directly (with armed squad) or through registered mail.
6. Packets containing first portions of O.M.R. compatible forms are received board-wise, sorted center-wise in computer sections of respective boards and data is received by scanning through O.M.R. machines.
7. Marks for practical tests are also gathered through scanning of O.M.R. compatible forms.
8. Answer scripts evaluated and scrutinized by examiners/head examiners contain marks in the second portion of the O.M.R. readable sheet which is sent to the computer center by the head examiner by hand. Data is gathered by scanning the sheets.
9. The scanned data remains scattered.
10. The result is published through litho-code matching of the first portion containing roll no., reg. no., subject code and the second portion bearing obtained marks.
11. Tabulation sheet is given within 7 (Seven) days of the publication of result.
12. Transcript is given within 1 (One) month of the publication of result.
13. Original certificate is provided within two months of the publication of result.
14. List of scholarships is prepared. Besides the tasks mentioned above, it provides various types of information and statistics as wanted by The Ministry of Education, Directorate of Secondary and Higher Education, BANBAIS, Education Board and different organizations.
O.M.R. System in Student Registration and Result Processing
Data is captured from compatible scripts by scanning through O.M.R. (Optical Mark Reader) machine. There is no scope of inaccuracy in information gathering. The forms are machine-readable where a student has to fill up few circles to provide personal information (viz. name, father's name, date of birth, school/college code etc.). These filled circles are read through O.M.R. and information is gained which makes the database.
1. Answer script contains 31-digit special code called litho-code. So, both the students after the exam. and the examiners when given for evaluation cannot recognize the script that to which student or to which school/college it belongs to. Because the portion of the O.M.R. compatible form containing studentâ€™s roll, registration and subject code is detached from the answer script after the exam and sent to computer center.
2. As the examiner cannot identify the student or institution of the answer script, student gets justification in evaluation. After evaluation head examiner sends the second portion of O.M.R. readable form of the answer script to the computer center.
3. In this system, modern and practical oriented litho-code is used which is a random code with 31 digits and unique for every scripts. This litho-code is matched by computer software and the marks against a roll no. is got and thus tabulation is made based on that.
4. In computerized system, no data is entered manually. Every information is entered by scanning through O.M.R. machine. So, there is no scope of mistake in information gathering and result processing.
5. Result is published correctly and fast by the present computer system. For this reason students get opportunity to get admission in colleges/universities timely which helps to reduce session jam. There is no session jam in S.S.C. and H.S.C. level.